Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Introduction

The Crooked Truth: Writings of a 43-pound woman whose opinions of life are as crooked as her spine emerged from two ideas (a) my physical appearance -- a tiny yet mouthy woman living with Muscular Dystrophy and scoliosis and (b) my writings' skewed views of reality (often because of, but not exclusive to, the former).

As a journalist (to be more accurate -- a freelance writer and copy editor who spends 80 percent of the day composing article ideas but never articles on her PowerBook), I began this blog, The Crooked Truth, in an attempt to regularly produce personal essays, pop-culture critiques and short, creative non-fiction stories. Varied now, the direction and theme of the site will come in time.

In May 2005, I earned a bachelor's degree in print journalism and a minor in theatre arts from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. After graduation, however, my career temporarily shifted from "aspiring journalist" to "settling telemarketer," and I typed little more than instant messages when at the keyboard. Fortunately, those dark months have ended, and I'm writing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home